Friday, August 24, 2007

One of My Favorite World of Warcraft Add Ons - Nurfed

For me, Nurfed is always the first thing to download after doing an install of World of Warcraft. Quite simply, I can't be without it. The default UI just bugs the hell out of me. I like things to be small and out of the way so I can see as much of the screen as possible.

Honestly, I know what I've got hotkeyed, I don't need to look at the pictures. So why not make them small and unobtrusive?

For me, Nurfed takes care of everything. From hotkey bars to bags to the target window, it makes everything useful and look good. Throw in an add on to show all your bags at once (which I'll be reviewing shortly) and everything is gravy.

However, nurfed isn't without its faults. As of this writing, the last update was done June 24th, which isn't a huge deal, but new features are always nice. Plus, I get a bit nervous whenever I'm running an out of date add on. I hate it when the UI screws up because one feature is out of date and then I have to start removing things one by one until I find the problem.

But really, that's a problem any time you download a compliation pack of add ons. In fact, that's even a problem if you download the add ons by themselves. Of course, the nice thing about the compliation packs is that you only have to remember one download for all the updates instead of however many different add ons you use.

So, I have to give my highest possible recomendation to Nurfed. In the next couple of weeks, I'll be trying some other UI, no matter how much it may pain me to do so.

But, until then, you should check out this guide for more tips and hints about the World of Warcraft. If you want a leveling guide, its got it. Which side, you ask? How about both Alliance and Horde? Want to make some gold? This book tells you how. Needs maps? They're in there. Really, what you are waiting for? Just check it out!

No comments: