Saturday, September 1, 2007

Top 9 World of Warcraft Add Ons

Today I thought I'd write about the 9 World of Warcraft add ons that I can't play without.

  1. Nerfed - Not exactly an add on, but rather a package of add ons. This is my user interface of choice. A lot of my friends use CT Mod instead, but I'll stick with Nerfed, thank you very much.
  2. Auctioneer - This one is essential because I'm far from a master salesman. I can get an approximate price on an item, but I'd never narrow it down. That's where Auctioneer comes in. "Gee, I wonder how much this blue sword I looted is worth? I'll just ask Auctioneer!"
  3. Gatherer - I gather herbs and ore, so this is another WoW add on I can't be without. After a while, I'll remember where the nodes are, but this is fantastic for getting me to them quickly until I have my particular path set and memorized.
  4. Titan Panel - I like having lots of stats and info at the top of my screen. I've actually got my UI set up to have the least amount of clutter and the maximum amount of available viewing area. But I still leave that little strip up top for the Titan Panel. I've got to know how much money I've got and how many bag slots are available. Plus, I love the feature on the money counter that shows how much I've earned/spent per hour and per session.
  5. Atlas - The in game map is great, but I love the instance maps that come with Atlas. A great mod to take care of one of the few complaints I have about WoW.
  6. All In One Inventory and Bank - I hate having to open each back individually. I can't imagine that anyone enjoys it. This takes care of that.
  7. SellValue - This lets me know how much I can sell an item to a vendor for. This works well when combined with Auctioneer.
  8. Scrolling Combat Text - If you're like me, you miss a lot of info during fights because you're not watching the chat box. Again, this is a simple solution to a problem.
  9. Outfitter - I love this, because it takes care of all my gear switches for me. I play a rogue and have it set up with a sword profile, a dagger profile, a sword/dagger profile, and a fishing profile. That would be a huge pain in the ass to switch out every time manually.
But just because you've got your UI tricked out, you're still not done. You'll need to level up and make some gold. The best way to do this is to use the Ultimate World of Warcraft guide. It has a 1-70 Horde/Alliance leveling guide and a fantastic guide to making tons of gold easily. One of my favorite parts is that it is always being updated, so it'll never go out of date. Plus, the Ultimate WoW Guide has a free money back guarantee! So, just get it and some cool World of Warcraft add ons and you're ready to go!

2 comments:

chaladar said...

In regards to a previous question: you can find guides on world of warcraft addons by visiting http://www.hiddenstuff.com/ Hope this helps!

chaladar said...

Those are some great world of warcraft addons! I am currently using 3 out of those 5 with my character. I suggest that you guys read up on some of the guides for these addons as they can be hard to use. A good site to reference is http://www.hiddenstuff.com/ they have some good guides for world of warcraft.